EVEREST BASE CAMP
The sherpas route to the roof of the world
Solo Khumbu, Nepal, Himalayas, Asia
19 Days + Arrival and Departure
From 3.980 USD
This is the highest point on Earth: Mount Everest, Chomolungma, Sagarmatha, the Mother Goddess of the Universe, God’s forehead. Hundreds of books have been written and countless films have been made about it. Man has always tried to understand the greatness of Mount Everest. This is also our dream, we will go and meet this sacred mountain and immerse ourselves in the myth that surrounds it. We will follow the trails of the Sherpas through their homeland, the Khumbu Valley. Our trekking will take us inside the Sagarmatha National Park, home to the highest mountains in the world. We will take the classic route crossing the sherpas villages. We will learn about their culture and traditions at Namche Bazaar, and from Khumjung, admire the view of Ama Dablam, which might well be the most beautiful mountain in the world. From Tengpoche we have a view of the other ice giants of the Khumbu region. The road climbs over the Valley of Pheriche taking us to the Khumbu Glacier and further, it will take us through the Lobuche Mountains to get to the Base Camp of Mount Everest. We will climb a little higher from here: we will ascend to the summit of the Kala Patthar, and enjoy the unique view of the pyramid shape of Everest from the “Black Rock Mountain”, as if it were within reach. The ice world of the Khumbu Glacier spreads out below us, and the angular tip of Nuptse with its 7.860 meters, shines in the sun. Watching breathless, we admire the highest mountains in the world. But our trip promises much more than an experience with nature and mountains. Nepal, the ancient kingdom in the heart of the Himalayas, is without a doubt one of the most fascinating tourist destinations in the world. This Hindu and Buddhist country offers great appeal to those interested in culture. The Nepalese, a mosaic of 70 different human groups with more than 50 languages, are well known for their hospitality, and make every trip to Nepal an unforgettable experience. At Kathmandu, the capital city of the country, we will experience a great cultural and religious diversity. We will be surprised by the many Buddhist and Hindu sites, as well as by the artistically decorated temples. This tour program is the classic of our travel category “World Adventures”. SPONDYLUS invites you to join us on an incomparable and fantastic cultural journey, which also includes hikes to Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world. Namaste and welcome to Nepal!
- In Kathmandu we will experience the diversity of the Nepalese culture, and will visit some of the religious monuments that have been declared UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- On our hike to the “Roof of the World”, we will follow in the steps of the Sherpas in the legendary Khumbu region.
- In a large number of Buddhist villages we will enjoy the hospitality of the local people.
- Ama Dablam, also called the "Matterhorn of Nepal", is for many people the most beautiful mountain in the world.
- At the Base Camp of Mount Everest we will live the atmosphere of the great summit expeditions.
- By climbing Kala Patthar, we will reach what is probably the most spectacular view point on earth, and from there the top of Everest seems close enough to touch it.
- A visit to the famous Tengboche Monastery becomes an unforgettable spiritual experience for many people.
- Numerous intercultural encounters and exchanges through the direct contact with the local population complete this hiking, nature & cultural journey.
Level of difficulty
We offer this trip on FIXED DATES, but also as PRIVATE TRIPS.
Fixed dates - Season 2022/2023
The participants can make reservations freely for fixed date trips. SPONDYLUS will define the starting / ending dates of each service.
Minimum number of participants: 6 persons
Maximum number of participants: 18 persons
If there are less than 6 participants in the group, there will be a small group extra charge.
The dates for private trips are requested by the participants. In general it is not possible to add external persons to the group. If required, the itinerary can be adapted to the group´s needs and priorities.
The price depends on the number of participants, and they are based on a double room/tent.
Single Room / Tent Supplement: * 580 USD
* The extra charge for single room & tent will be done at the moment of making a reservation for the single room. If there is no other person found for sharing a room at the moment of making the reservation of a double room, we will charge half of the extra charge.
Small Group Surcharge: If the size of the group is smaller than the minimum number of participants (6 people), a small group fee will be charged. All this depends on the final number of participants.
Warm jacket (down or synthetic fiber), Breathable windbreaker jacket (Goretex or similar), Medium weight fleece pullover or jacket (Polartec or similar), Trekking trousers, Breathable and waterproof overtrousers, Thermal underware, Thermal trekking socks
Head & Hands
Sun hat, Woolen hat or similar with ear protection, First layer thin gloves, Trekking gloves (Goretex, Windstopper or similar)
Goose down or synthetic fiber sleeping bag (comfort zone -5ºC) with compression bag
Trekking boots, Light trainers
Telescopic trekking poles
Sun glasses with 100% UV protection, Wide mouth water bottle, Thermos, Sun block factor 30+, Lip sun protector factor 30+, Watch with alarm, Expedition Duffel Bag*, Head lamp with batteries & extra batteries, Back pack 30L + with rain cover, Swimwear, Towel, 5 Passport photos, Personal pharmacy**
* IMPORTANT: Each participant will get an Expedition Duffle Bag as a gift from SPONDYLUS on arrival at Kathmandu. It is not necessary to bring one with you from your country. During the trekkings, this bag with your personal belongings, will be given to the porters, and it will be kept by the participants at the end of the journey.
** Personal Pharmacy
First aid kit (medical adhesive tape, plasters, bandages, disinfectant, etc.), Hand sanitizer (Alcogel or similar), Germicidal wound ointment, Pain killers (E.g. Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, etc.), Sore throat pills and or lozenges, Diarrhea (E.g. Perenterol, Loperamide), Antibiotics for respiratory & urinary tract infections (E.g. Cefuroxime), Antibiotics for gastrointestinal tract infections (E.g. Ciprofloxacin), Solution with electrolytes & salts to drink in case of fluid loss due to diarrhea, Acetazolamide (Diamox) optional.
IMPORTANT: Consult your GP for advice on your personal pharmacy!
To guarantee maximum security, all along the trekking we always take with us VHF radios, a first aid kit and medicine for emergencies.
Besides this, we strongly recommend every participant to hire a Foreign Health insurance and an Accident insurance for South America.
The climatic conditions and other factors of force majeure can cause a change in the trip program. Responsibility and decision making in this regard rests completely with the SPONDYLUS guide in charge. The security and wellness of our clients & all our team are the first priority!