THE MAGIC OF SAN PEDRO DE ATACAMA
Nature & Culture in the Heart of the Atacama Desert
San Pedro de Atacama, Atacama Desert, Chile
From 880 USD
No fixed dates
The Chilean high plateau around the oasis of San Pedro de Atacama is a world full of natural wonders of incomparable beauty. Our goal is to explore some of the most iconic landscapes of this amazing region in the “Big North” of Chile. Far away from the beaten track, we will move around in fascinating natural landscapes under the clearest star studded sky in the world and in the shadow of huge volcanos. Through the contact with the local people, we will learn a lot about the history, culture & mythology of this land hidden in the Andes. SPONDYLUS invites you to live a wonderful adventure, experiencing with us not only the most outstanding highlights, but also the hidden secrets of the region of San Pedro de Atacama.
- The Atacama Desert is the driest in the world, but it houses countless natural treasures and unique landscapes.
- Nature & culture lovers from all over the world meet at the oasis of San Pedro de Atacama. The bustle and hustle of the center of town invite you to linger.
- Excursion to the incomparable lakes Miscanti and Miñiques in the “altiplano”, high mountain plateau.
- Visit of El Tatio, the world’s highest geyser field.
- Renovating thermal bath in the crystal clear waters of Puritama.
- Archaeology, tradition and history of the Atacameño culture.
- Easy hikes at the incomparable ecosystem of the Atacama Desert complete this nature & culture program.
Level of difficulty
We offer this trip only as PRIVATE SERVICE, but not on fixed dates.
The dates for private trips are requested by the participants. In general it is not possible to add external persons to the group. If required, the itinerary can be adapted to the group´s needs and priorities.
The price depends on the number of participants, and they are based on a double room/tent.
Single Room Supplement: * 220 USD
* The extra charge for single room will be done at the moment of making a reservation for the single room. If there is no other person found for sharing a room at the moment of making the reservation of a double room, we will charge half of the extra charge.
Small Group Surcharge: If the size of the group is smaller than the minimum number of participants (4 people), a small group fee will be charged. All this depends on the final number of participants.
Breathable windbreaker jacket (Goretex or similar), Light down jacket or similar, Medium weight fleece pullover (Polartec or similar), Hiking trousers
Head & Hands
Sun hat, Woolen hat or similar with ear protection, Hiking gloves (Goretex, Windstopper or similar)
Comfortable hiking shoes, Light trainers or similar
Sun glasses with 100% UV protection, Wide mouth water bottle, Sun block factor 30+, Lip sun protector factor 30+, Watch with alarm, Personal first aid kit, Day pack (30L +), Swimwear, Towel
To guarantee maximum security, all along the trip we always take with us VHF radios, a first aid kit and medicine for emergencies.
Besides this, we strongly recommend every participant to hire a Foreign Health insurance and an Accident insurance for South America.
Climatic conditions and other factors of force majeure can cause changes in the trip program. Responsibility and decision making in this regard rests completely and only with the SPONDYLUS guide in charge. The security of our clients, our mountain guides and the whole expedition team is our highest priority!