ATACAMA DESERT & UYUNI SALT FLAT
Nature & Culture in the Andean highlands
Andean Highlands, Chile & Bolivia
From 3.280 USD
The Chilean and Bolivian altiplano “high plateau”, is a world full of natural wonders and incomparable beauty. Due to its geographic isolation, this is not a region that is easy to explore, but its singularity and magic reward each visitor. Our trip is carried out in the Atacama Desert and the little known Lípez mountain range, hidden within the Bolivian Andes. SPONDYLUS has been traveling in this remote region for almost two decades, and has found many hidden gems that are off the tourist track. The easy walks that are included in the program allow for an intimate encounter with the unique nature of the regions visited. The optimal infrastructure that has been developed in this remote part of the world over the last few years also facilitates the access for adventurers who do not want to renounce on comfort. A special gift is without a doubt, the exploration of the salt flat of Uyuni, the largest one in the world. Between heaven and earth, a wonderful unique encounter awaits us, full of history about the ancient indigenous cultures. Discover the Atacama Desert and South Lípez together with SPONDYLUS!
- The Atacama Desert is the most arid place on Earth, but holds many hidden and wonderful surprises.
- During our soft hikes through the Atacama Desert and the Lípez mountain range, we will follow in the steps of the forefathers and their culture.
- As a nature lover, one must see and experience the Salt flat of Uyuni, the largest salt flat in the world, at least once in your lifetime.
- We will find many sacred volcanos along our journey, which will offer fantastic views over the Chile & Bolivia Andean plateau.
- Original and beautiful accommodation in absolutely unique places will complete this trip full of nature & culture.
Level of difficulty
We offer this trip on FIXED DATES, but also as PRIVATE TRIPS.
Fixed dates - Season 2021/2022
The participants can make reservations freely for fixed date trips. SPONDYLUS will define the starting / ending dates of each service.
Minimum number of participants: 5 persons
Maximum number of participants: 12 persons
If there are less than 5 participants in the group, there will be a small group extra charge.
The dates for private trips are requested by the participants. In general it is not possible to add external persons to the group. If required, the itinerary can be adapted to the group´s needs and priorities.
The price depends on the number of participants, and they are based on a double room.
Single Room Supplement: * 860 USD
* The extra charge for single room will be done at the moment of making a reservation for the single room. If there is no other person found for sharing a room at the moment of making the reservation of a double room, we will charge half of the extra charge.
Small Group Surcharge: If the size of the group is smaller than the minimum number of participants (5 people), a small group fee will be charged. All this depends on the final number of participants.
Breathable windbreaker jacket (Goretex or similar), Light down jacket or similar, Medium weight fleece pullover (Polartec or similar), Hiking trousers, Thermal underware, Hiking socks
Head & Hands
Sun hat, Woolen hat or similar with ear protection, Hiking gloves (Goretex, Windstopper or similar)
Comfortable hiking shoes, Light trainers or similar
Telescopic trekking poles
Sun glasses with 100% UV protection, Wide mouth water bottle, Sun block factor 30+, Lip sun protector factor 30+, Watch with alarm, Personal first aid kit, Day pack (30L +), Swimwear, Towel
To guarantee maximum security, all along the trip we always take with us VHF radios, a first aid kit and medicine for emergencies.
Besides this, we strongly recommend every participant to hire a Foreign Health insurance and an Accident insurance for South America.
Climatic conditions and other factors of force majeure can cause changes in the trip program. Responsibility and decision making in this regard rests completely and only with the SPONDYLUS guide in charge. The security of our clients, our mountain guides and the whole expedition team is our highest priority!