THE MAGIC IN THE HEART OF PATAGONIA
Nature & Culture in the land of Granite and Ice
Central Patagonia, Chile
From 3.690 USD
No fixed dates
Patagonia is land of granite & ice. At this austral land the climate and therefore, the flora & fauna, vary from one geographical zone to the other, making this an extensive region of a unique ecosystem, of great contrast and nature characterized by hostile weather. This diversity makes this program specially varied. We will explore a unique world, mighty glaciers, fjords, raging rivers and turquoise lakes.
We will go to the heart of Patagonia, into the wild region around Lake General Carrera. Here the approach to the great San Rafael Glacier is one of the numerous highlights of our tour. We will navigate the channels and fjords of the Pacific coast near the mythic bay town Caleta Tortel, where the glaciers of the great Southern Ice Field flow to the sea. A variety of experiences and encounters with the local population as well as the culture of the country, complete this itinerary.
The easy hikes included in the program do not require specific training, physical condition or endurance above the average. The program has been designed for active and versatile nature & culture lovers.
Join the SPONDYLUS team on a new and incomparable trip and let yourself be fascinated by the magic in the heart of Patagonia.
- Numerous low difficulty hikes with the observation of the unique flora & fauna in the extraordinary nature of Patagonia.
- During a boat trip across the deep blue waters of Lake General Carrera, we will marvel with the marble chapels near Puerto Tranquilo.
- The San Rafael Glacier is one of the great natural wonders of Chile.
- In the Tamango National Reserve we will go in search of the Huemul, the legendary Andean deer.
- Accommodation in a beautiful lodge on the shores of Lake General Carrera with a view to the highest summit in Patagonia, Mount San Valentín.
- We will visit Caleta Tortel, a lumberjack town in the landscape of the fjords of “the end of the world”. We will complete our stay at this place navigating through the channels in the South between granite and ice.
Level of difficulty
We offer this trip only as PRIVATE SERVICE, but not on fixed dates
The dates for private trips are requested by the participants. In general it is not possible to add external persons to the group. If required, the itinerary can be adapted to the group´s needs and priorities.
The price depends on the number of participants, and they are based on a double room.
Single Room Supplement: * 610 USD
* The extra charge for single room will be done at the moment of making a reservation for the single room. If there is no other person found for sharing a room at the moment of making the reservation of a double room, we will charge half of the extra charge.
Small Group Surcharge: If the size of the group is smaller than the minimum number of participants (4 people), a small group fee will be charged. All this depends on the final number of participants.
Breathable and waterproof windbreaker jacket (Goretex or similar), Medium weight fleece pullover (Polartec or similar), Trekking trousers, Breatheable and waterproof overtrousers, Thermal underware
Head & Hands
Sun hat, Woolen hat or similar with ear protection, Hiking gloves (Goretex, Windstopper or similar)
Comfortable hiking shoes, Light trainers or similar
Telescopic trekking poles
Sun glasses with 100% UV protection, Wide mouth water bottle, Thermos, Sun block factor 30+, Lip sun protector factor 30+, Watch with alarm, Personal first-aid kit, Back pack (40L+) with rain cover, Swimwear, Towel
To guarantee maximum security, all along the trip we always take with us VHF radios, a first aid kit and medicine for emergencies.
Besides this, we strongly recommend every participant to hire a Foreign Health insurance and an Accident insurance for South America.
Climatic conditions and other factors of force majeure can cause changes in the trip program. Responsibility and decision making in this regard rests completely and only with the SPONDYLUS guide in charge. The security of our clients, our mountain guides and the whole expedition team is our highest priority!